For purposes of this Policy, the following definitions will apply:
“Account” refers to any type of an account that you have (or did have) with us.
“Agent” means any third party that collects or uses Personal Information under the instructions of, and solely for, us or to which we disclose Personal Information for use on our behalf.
“Marketing Communications” refers to advertisements, emails, and all other forms of communication with information regarding us, new products, special offers, newsletters, and similar information.
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies or could be used by us or a third party to identify an individual or company.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means Personal Information that reveals personal information specifying medical or health conditions; racial or ethnic origin; religious, ideological or philosophical beliefs; trade union-related membership, or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions.
“Your Company” refers to any company, business, trade association or enterprise that you work for or represent as it relates to either your use of the Site or the purchase of products from us.
What Information We Collect?
We collection information to better understand and recognize our customers. Information is collected from the Site in two ways:
- Information you give us.We may collect information, which may include Personal Information, which you give directly to us. For example, if you create an Account, or one is created for you, we collect some or all of the following information:
- Your name and/or the name of Your Company
- Your title
- The physical and mailing address(es) of you and/or Your Company
- Telephone and facsimile numbers for you and/or Your Company
- Your email address(es)
- Your Company’s federal employer identification number (FEIN), resale number(s) and trade reference(s)
- Your Company’s payment preferences, bank accounts and credit/debit card details
- Personal Information you input on the Site regarding your vendors, contractors, customers and their customers
- Any Sensitive Personal Information that you input on the Site related to an order, such as details regarding medical or health conditions of one or more individuals that are the subject of an order
- We also record and retain information, which may include Personal Information, from the communications and interaction that you initiate with us, such as inquiry forms, emails, chats, support tickets, payments, and payment history. Please do not send us nor share with us any Sensitive Personal Information that you are not authorized to disclose or is not necessary for your use of the Site.
- Information from use of the Site.We may collect information, which may include Personal Information, when you and third parties use the Site. Like many websites, the Site also utilizes standard technology to generate web server logs and to read and write “cookies.” These technologies collect information about your use of the Site. This information may include:
- Visit information, such as date and time of use, referring/exit webpages, number of visits, pages visited, hyperlinks used, duration of visit, search queries, shopping cart, and order details.
- Device information, such as hardware model, settings, operating system version, internet protocol address, browser type and language, unique device identifiers, and mobile device information including mobile phone number, if applicable.
- Use information, as applicable, such as telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information, and type of calls.
- Location information, like GPS information, if enabled.
- Email receipt and read confirmation.
- If you have an Account:
- Assigned customer number, login credentials and login history.
- Order details, order history, invoices and credit memos.
How We Use Information that is Collected?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current. We use the information we collect about you and third parties in a number of ways, such as:
- Helping you navigate the Site.
- Facilitating the sign up and creation of an Account.
- Communicating with you regarding your use of the Site or orders.
- Personalizing your experience and responding to your requests and inquires.
- Understanding better how the Site is being used so we can improve it and engage and retain users.
- Diagnosing problems in the Site.
- Tailoring a website, application, or marketing to your likely interests.
- Sending you business messages such as those related to orders and payments.
- Sending you Marketing Communications.
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting us and our customers.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with use of the Site, complete and record orders, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
What Information We Share?
We are not in the business of selling Personal Information to others. We work with companies and Agents that help us run our business. These companies may provide services such as providing computing and network infrastructure resources, sending postal mail and email, delivering packages, analyzing data, website analytics, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card and other payments, and providing customer service. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your Personal Information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your Personal Information for their own purposes.
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our Site. To the extent that we have Sensitive Personal Information, without your affirmative or explicit (opt-in) permission, such information will not be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose other than its original purpose or subsequently authorized purpose.
We may also share your Personal Information:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- When responding to an inquiry or request initiated by you, to the extent reasonably needed.
- Within the Alternative Eyewear family of companies for purposes described in this Policy.
- With our resellers, sales partners, and Agents if you are a business customer and agreed to receive our Marketing Communications. Note that we do not share Personal Information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process, or to comply with a written government request.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites, or applications against attacks, or to protect the property and safety of us, our customers and users, or the public.
- When we have a legitimate business need and we are expressly authorized to do so by applicable law.
- When we have to collect money you owe us, including through legal proceedings.
- As needed, to identify, contact, or take legal action against customers or third parties violating our Acceptable Use Policy, interfering with property rights or with the Site, or breaking the law.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a website, application, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases, your Personal Information will likely be one of the assets that are transferred.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Requests?
The Site does not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information from users across third party websites or third party online services or applications. We do not knowingly enable other parties to collect personally identifiable information about our users’ activities over time and across different sites, applications or services. Tools we use to analyze web traffic on the Site may not recognize or respond to “do not track” requests from some web browsers; however, these tools do not record an individual user’s session on the Site and provide aggregate information only.
Your Options Regarding the Collection of Information?
- You may choose not to provide certain Personal Information, but doing so may prevent you from creating an Account or purchasing products through the Site.
- You may request updates to your profile and the related Personal Information associated with your Account at any time.
- You may opt-out of any of our Marketing Communications. To do so, follow the unsubscribe link that appears at the end of each communication.
What Information Can You Access/Update?
If you have an Account, you will have access on your Account profile to view certain Personal Information that we have collected regarding you and Your Company. The Personal Information you may access on your Account profile includes, by way of example, your name and/or the name of Your Company; your title (if provided), addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, email addresses, and Your Company’s FEIN and resale number(s). You may request updates to this information by contacting us at web@Alternative.com. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to update such Personal Information within 30 days of all authorized requests. Details regarding Your Company’s payment preferences, bank accounts, and credit/debit card details will not be accessible on your Account profile but you may request updates to this information by contacting us at payments@Alternative.com.
Unless you do or did have an Account, it is unlikely that we have Personal Information regarding you that can be readily accessed. However, if you have concerns, requests or inquiries regarding information we collect, please contact our Privacy Officer at privacy@Alternative.com. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you details regarding or access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so. For example, we may not be able to provide details or access if it would be disproportionately burdensome or would violate the rights of others.
For California Residents. We have and follow a policy of not disclosing customers’ personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, the disclosure requirements of California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27), do not apply to any Personal Information we may collect.
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We provide appropriate administrative and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your Personal Information. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of data on the Account application, login pages, and payment processing. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no transmission of information via the internet can be entirely secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of all information we collect. You should, therefore, always use caution when submitting Personal Information online.
Third Party Websites
This Policy applies to our Site, but not to a third party website or application that you may access from a hyperlink found on the Site. If you submit Personal Information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Changes to this Policy
We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. If you have an Account, we will notify you by email in the event of any such modification to this Policy.